{10 Days of Proverbs 31} Clothing Choices

"She is clothed with strength and dignity..." Proverbs 31:25(a)

On Wednesday, Kate @Teaching What Is Good blessed me with this insightful comment:

As I was reading your post the idea stuck in my head that she is "clothed" with strength and dignity.

It is not something that she IS, it is a garment that God gives her to wear.


Intrigued, I did a scripture search for "clothed."

In Genesis 3:21, we find the first incident of humans being clothed: "The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them."

Notice who does the initial clothe-ing: God does.

When I accept His clothe-ing, I am clothed with salvation (2 Chronicles 6:41), joy (Psalm 30:11), gladness (Psalm 65:12), righteousness (Psalm 132:9), strength and dignity (Proverbs 31:25), and power from on high (Luke 24:49).

Best of all, I am clothed with Christ (Galatians 3:26-28)!

In Revelation 16:15 comes the warning, “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

Notice who can remove His clothe-ing: I can.

When I remove His clothe-ing, I am clothed in shame (Job 8:22), disgrace (Psalm 109:29), and terror (Ezekiel 7:18).

David describes shame with an especially tactile simile: "wrapped up in shame as in a cloak." (Psalm 109:29)

I choose my clothe-ing.

Wrapped up in myself.

Or wrapped up in Him.













* * * * *
Photobucket
13 Bloggers, 13 topics, 1 Great God:

Contributing to Family Income / 2 Better Than 1

The Fear of the Lord / Satisfied by Love

Using Time Wisely / Blessed Beyond Measure

Taking Care of Needy / Shadow Wonder

Using Money Wisely / Jennifer Sikora

Keeping an Eye on Home / Just a Glimpse

She can Laugh at the Days Ahead / faith filled food for moms

Clothed in Strength and Dignity / One thing I’ve Learned

Taking Care of Others/ 2 savvy gals

Being Creative / A Patchwork Mommy

Bringing Variety to Family / Karen Dawkins

Extending your Hand to the Poor / Women’s Fellowship House

Organization / Teaching What is Good